Monthly Art Club
Arabic Geometry – A pattern from Baghdad, Iraq
22nd, 23rd, 27th & 28th June (see below for times)
Join me for a fun online art class in my monthly art club.
The theme for June is an Arabic geometric design from the Mustansiriya Madrasah In Baghdad, Iraq. We’ll learn how to draw this pattern via easy to follow step-by-step instructions suitable for beginners. We’ll look at different ways to draw and weave the pattern and I’ll share some tips about using metallic paints.
I started these classes in lockdown and they are as much a social event as they are an art class. We chat as we draw. Each month, we’ll cover a different design from a range of art traditions from around the world including Celtic knots, Arabic Geometry and, of course, mandalas. Each class lasts about an hour but can be anywhere between 45 minutes and one and a half hours depending on the particular session. I offer several dates and times each month so hopefully, there is one to suit you. See below for a list of things you’ll need.
Please note that the class on 23rd June will be recorded for anyone who can’t make the class live. Purchase previous Art Club Videos here.
Please select the date you would like to attend from the drop-down menu below. All times are BST (London time). A link to the class on Zoom will be automatically sent after booking. Please keep a note of this ready for the class.
What you'll need most months
What we will use will vary from month to month but for most classes, you will need the following:
- Geometry compass (ideally with a pen attachment)
- Protractor (not needed for June)
- 30 cm clear ruler and ideally a16cm clear ruler
- A4 thick paper, card or watercolour paper
Optional for June
- Colouring pencils, pens or paints - I used these metallic watercolour paints from Coliro and these metallic acrylics from Arteza.
- Metallic pen - I used this fineliner in silver
- Black or white card or watercolour paper - I used 350gsm from Frisk and this watercolour paper from Arteza.
If you have any queries, just ask. You can contact me on email@example.com.