You’ll discover a wide range of design elements inspired by traditional Asian mandalas. By the end of the class, you’ll have all the knowledge you need to continue drawing mandalas, making each one unique. I’ll give you tips on what equipment to use for drawing mandalas and you’ll have access to downloadable pdfs that form a library of symbols and design elements for ongoing inspiration.
What you’ll need
- Geometry compass
- 30 cm clear ruler (and ideally a shorter clear ruler too)
- Thick white paper (for my classes A4 is perfect)
- Smudge-proof fineliner pen (not strictly necessary for my class but needed to complete the drawing)
I’d also recommend having either a cutting mat or an old magazine to hand to place under your paper when you are using the compass so that you don’t make a hole in your table or desktop.
What you’ll learn
- How to draw a mandala template
- How to draw an Asian inspired mandala (it’s a lot easier than it looks once you know a few simple techniques)
- Tips and tricks to make beautiful intricate designs (that are much easier to create than you’d imagine)
- A brief history of mandalas and how to use them as an aid to relaxation
By the end of the class
- You’ll be able to draw stunning, intricate mandalas
- You’ll have access to downloadable pdfs that form a library of symbols and design elements
- After the class, you may wish to colour your mandala using metallic pens, coloured pencils or paints
- Join my private Facebook group for ongoing inspiration and tips
There are no reviews yet.